Obsessed with these florals! I can’t keep plants alive so I finally invested in some pretty faux ones!
Hi guys! Excited to share another little corner of our home. We had this empty wall that has been bugging me forever and one day I was sitting in my office and realized the bookshelf from my office would go perfectly there so we brought it upstairs and of course it sat empty for over a month as I tried to figure out what all to decorate with and voila! I am so excited to show you the finished product!!
Our rental home we are in right now (as we finally start building our new house!) has a lot of warm tones, which drives me crazy because I want to paint the whole house white! So I wanted to bring in a lot of white tones to try and brighten up the space.
With that said here are 5 things every book shelf needs.
- The obvious – books! I’ve been collecting tons of fashion books lately – they are so pretty and full of beautiful inspiration. I wanted to stick with white so I got this one and this one to add to the collection. Pick books that interest you, our family loves the beach so I just ordered this one. I also just found this One of 100 book and Ferrari book for Cody. He’s obsessed with cars so I was really excited to find a few books that flowed with the space and were something he would like. STYLING TIP: Books can really add up when you’re filling a whole shelf, and sometimes it’s hard to find all the ones you love at once. I went to the used book store and found some filler books for a couple dollars to fill the gaps while we continue to add to our collection. Turn the books various ways to create depth and dimension to your shelf.
- Statement bookends: Almost as good as the books themselves – pretty book-ends! I’ve found so many amazing ones lately! I ordered both this geode set and this set; I ended up going with the geode, but I think I will save the others for somewhere else in our home.
- Pictures: Nothing makes a bookcase more personal than adding pictures, whether it’s shots from the family or art prints that mean something to you. Pretty frames are also an easy and natural way to bring in more accents if you are going for a certain aesthetic. I wanted to bring in more white to the space and a picture frame was an easy addition – love this white and gold one.
- Some greenery or flowers: I think every space benefits with a little bit of greenery! It makes every house feel like a home. Buuuut I don’t have much of a green thumb when it comes to plants so it’s a struggle haha. I haven’t given up on live plants yet but until then, a good faux floral piece can go a long way! I love having fresh flowers around the house but a bookcase is the perfect spot for faux florals since you don’t have to worry about replacing them every couple weeks. I love this hydrangea bouquet and just ordered this pink bouquet for our home too. (Also love this one)
- Something you’ll actually use: You can’t go overboard with decorative elements – after all a bookcase is one of the best ways to display all of your favorite decor accents. Don’t forget to add something that people will actually use to make the bookcase not just decorative but also functional. This tic tac toe set from Horchow was one of my favorite finds – one of the kids favorite games is tic tac toe – plus it’s so pretty!! It’s nice having something fun to pull out and play with the kids or when we have guests over.
I’m always arranging and rearranging my bookshelves so what are some of your must-haves on display?
*In collaboration with Horchow and Shopstyle.
SOURCE: Hello Fashion – Read entire story here.