1. The fact that I just spared all of us a superfluous introduction.
2. Family, friends, loved ones, health; that we are alive and kicking.
3. Elbows, because without them our arms wouldn’t bend and macaroni would be a less fun shape.
4. Hair ties that somehow don’t crease hair.
5. Generous strangers who give away hair ties.
6. Aisle seats with extra leg room or the window seat and a magically empty bladder.
7. Those hot towels at Japanese restaurants.
8. Speaking of towels, that you haven’t been arrested yet for stealing at least one a week from your gym accidentally!
9. Nights where you have zero obligations and a whole season of something to watch.
10. Snacks. Always be thankful for snacks. (In addition to a roof over your head and clothes on your back.)
11. When you pop a pimple and somehow the whole pimple just…magically goes away.
12. When everyone you’re with is dedicated to having the absolute Best Day.
13. When someone cancels first.
15. Probably toxic frozen yogurt.
16. Saturday mornings — surprise! — without debilitating hangovers.
17. Jeans that don’t bag at the knee, don’t shrink in the wash and don’t gap at the waist.
18. The kind, enduring fervor with which society has championed the public wearing of leggings, sweat and pajama pants.
19. When someone else fills the Brita.
20. Waking up after a night out with all of your belongings neatly organized, your face washed and your teeth brushed.
21. Sunshine. For real though.
22. The ability to silence group texts.
23. That Instagram has protected its users from knowing who is creeping their profiles (because otherwise I’d be screwwwwed…)
24. Waffles. Now more than ever.
25. The Harry Potter franchise.
26. Designers who believe in “the more fun, the better.”
27. The fact that no one has yet to call me out for not buying them a wedding gift.
28. That no one really cares when you lie about movies you’ve seen or books you’ve read.
29. Soul-or-butt shaking music.
30. Did I mention pets? Animals? Seamless? Food? When food you ordered arrives just as you do after coming home from work because you timed it perfectly? And one more time: family and friends.
My list could go on and on, but it’s your turn! Happy Thanksgiving!
Collage by Emily Zirimis.
SOURCE: Man Repeller – Read entire story here.